Just health.

What is health?

In one of my previous posts I wrote a bit about health. And I asked " Do you think you are healthy".... When I asked myself that question I was lost because the definition of health varies from one person to another. The WHO definition is - Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. And notice how it says mental and social well-being apart from the physical? To me that's the most important aspect of health which people tend to neglect.
Without being healthy mentally there's no way you can do justice to he physical aspect of health and not being healthy socially hampers your mental health. It's all inter-related but what matters is the will to get yourself better.

I have finally started feeling healthy! All three ways. I have always been a person who achieves things in short times so I've never really been motivated to make long-term changes that require any effort. This time however, I have downloaded apps and set reminders and put up post-its to keep me on track.
Today I had a chance to analyse my relations and I used my philosophy, "People are like drugs". I realized who were my multi-vits and who were my prescription meds, needed in controlled doses and not to be overdone. I'm relieved that I was able to figure out who was which before it was too late. But this has improved my social health enormously!
I've been sticking to my fitness regime and I must say it make me feel incredible.
Sometimes we forget the things truly important in order to indulge in superficial things. Those things are necessary because they are the ones which help us understand the value of ourselves, relations and efforts. By finding a balance, we can keep ourselves sane and cherish these indulgences while still being 'healthy'.
What is your definition of health? Tell me down in the comments!
Check out my older posts until next time.


Luv,
Musk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration

Here's to something new