You can't leave your past behind

It's all behind you

But it doesn't ever leave you. Your past is yours and like family, it will always be yours... You can try to forget about it, you can be estranged from it but it's yours and it'll always be.
No matter where you go, no matter how fast you run your past is one thing you can not run from because have you ever asked yourself 'who would you be without it'.
We enjoy the company of people with stories but that's the thing about stories, they are the past. They are our past and with the magic of words, they are entertaining, moving and unique.
I don't have too many fascinating stories, in fact, my stories are rather simple but they're the kind that makes you feel warm.
My stories give me a feeling of home when I'm feeling lost and like I don't belong. My stories keep me company when I feel alone, they remind me of good times and give me a sense of hope of what could be. To me, they're like a cup of hot cocoa on  a frigid, rainy day.
I enjoy sitting down and listening to stories. Sometimes I listen to my friends and other times I listen to the voices in my head.
My stories are from my younger days (not that I'm old now, I just felt young then you know?) and they aren't full of plot twists and excitement. They are just simple. Like drives to school with my dad, lazy afternoons with my mom, road trips, and Mexican food.
Don't you ever feel nostalgic? Don't you feel like you're missing something? Don't you ever feel like going back?
You can't ever leave your past behind but you can't stay stuck in it either. The sad, sad truth is that you have got to move on, you have got to let it go but that doesn't mean you can forget about it. You can't wipe it out. You can only embrace it otherwise it haunts you and honestly, that's no fun.

Luv,
Musk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration