Just writing. 'Wasteland'

Hi

So I've been thinking as usual and I got my creative juices flowing and I began writing. This is based on the lyrics of 'Wasteland' by +againstthecurrentNY.

"Have I lost my mind? Is this paradise or a darker side?" Stuff happens, things come and go, people change, you detach, life goes on. But for what? Success? Happiness? But aren't they illusions? We live life for the sake of these 'illusions'. We live life for societies illusions. What about you? You live life but why with someone else's definition? Somebody else's purpose? Then you aren't living, you aren't living your life.
How can you build something without a sturdy foundation. That building is your life, you are the foundation. Take your fate in your hands and make your destiny. It's always in your hands. Being bullied? Then find new people, there are 7 billion and counting. Screwed up big time? Start fresh, you've lost it all already. The higher the risk, the higher the reward right? And rock bottom is always there when you need it. Don't dread square one, it's the best place to start.
"Candy coated lips. You're the sweetest kiss but a bad trip." Guilty pleasures and dark temptations seem heavenly but destroy you from within. It sinks in and makes you feel otherworldly but at the cost of yourself. Then again 'the pain makes it real' doesn't it, but does the pain make it worth it? Why do something, anything if it hurts you, but then why do anything at all? You gain some, you lose some right.
"Changing faces, know the name but I just can't place it." People you knew, thought you knew, change and you begin asking yourself who was it that you knew, where did that person go and did you actually even know them? People leave, memories fade... New ones fill the gaps. Life. Goes. On. Whatever happens, whatever you think happens, life still goes on.
"Slurring phrases, took a step but I can't retrace it."
Sometimes you get lost... Be it in the moment or in thoughts or in the past or in the future, and wherever you get lost is where you stay for a while but when you're somewhere else your present is effected and that leads to actions that don't make sense even to you when you think of them later on. Believe me, I know. There are so many days that I'm lost in thought and someone asks me something and my reply is the complete opposite of what I wanted to say. It's crazy how easy it is to fool yourself.
But... (there's always a but 😏) knowing you have the power to get yourself out of and prevent yourself from getting into any situation is the best way to save yourself from your wasteland.

I write like this often but never on here but I'm going to start that now. Until next time.

Luv,
Musk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration